As part of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action (MSCA), STARDUST-R, the Research Committee of the Academy of Athens (AA) offers a fully funded three-year ESR position to be hosted under the supervision of researchers at the Research Center for Astronomy and Applied Mathematics (RCAAM) of the Academy of Athens on the following subject:
- Resonant long term dynamics and the chaotic diffusion of space debris
- Potential applicants may also be interested in other ESR positions offered within the network STARDUST-R. More information is available at http://www.stardust-network.eu/about/jobs/
STARDUST-R project is funded by the European Union in the framework of the HORIZON 2020 programme for Research and Innovation and has a total duration of 4 years. It is implemented by an international consortium of 13 organisations including the university of Strathclyde as coordinator and the Academy of Athens / Research Center for Astronomy and Applied Mathematics (RCAAM) as one of the beneficiaries. The STARDUST-R project is an Innovative Training Network (ITN) under the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions programme (MSCA).
REQUIREMENTS: All qualified candidates irrespective of gender or nationality are welcome to apply as long as the following conditions have been fulfilled:
- A successful candidate must hold a Master degree in Mathematics, Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Engineering or Computer Science;
- Knowledge of a computer language or algebraic manipulator (C, Java, Fortran, MATLAB, Mathematica) is desirable;
- A successful candidate should have good oral and written communication skills in English;
ADDITIONAL MSCA ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
At the time of appointment applicants:
- should have no more than 4 years’ research experience after graduation;
- should have not resided in Greece for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately before the appointment;
- should not be holders of a PhD degree.
APPLICATIONS: Interested applicants should send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, c/o Dr. Christos Efthymiopoulos, with a c.c. to email@example.com, the following documents in English:
a) curriculum vitae (CV) following the template available at http://www.stardust-network.eu/about/jobs/ ;
b) transcripts and certificates proving the qualifications and experience of the candidate;
c) two letters of reference;
d) cover letter explaining their motivation and research interests. Applicants should also state in their cover letter whether they apply to other ESR positions within the STARDUST-R network, besides AA, including a number-ranked preference list for these posts.
e) Photocopy of ID card or Passport;
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 01.04.2019
ENVISAGED JOB STARTING DATE : October 2019
The full text of the call is attached.