- 1955: Foundation of the Centre
Law 3197/1955 (Issue of the Government Gazette 98A) "on establishing an Archive for the Edition of Greek Authors from antiquity until the fall of Constantinople"
The "Archive" started operating in May 1958. It continues in a way the series Hellenike Bibliotheke of the Academy of Athens, a series edited by Ioannis Sykoutris, who also edited two works, Plato's Symposion (1934) and Aristotle's Poetics (1937, translated by Simos Menardos).
The "Archive" is renamed "Centre for the Edition of Works of Greek Authors from antiquity until the fall of Constantinople".
The permanent personnel of the Archive include a Director and nine (9) compilers.
According to the Law on Research (Law 1894/1990), scholars were nominated to the positions of Researchers, formerly Compilers, through procedures similar to those in effect for the members of the teaching and research staff of the Greek Universities.
"The Centre for the Edition of the Works of Greek Authors from antiquity until the fall of Constantinople" is renamed "Centre for the Research of Greek and Latin Literature" (K.E.E.L.G.).
The Centre undertakes scholarly research aiming at critical editions and commentaries of works of Greek and Latin Literature (independently or within the framework of research projects), and also at studies that contribute to the research of Greek and Latin Literature.
Address: 14 Anagnostopoulou Str, 106 73 Athens
Telephone/ Fax: +302103664630